- Position Responsibilities:
- Manage development and support projects under specified practice
- Responsible for proposal development, review and delivery to practice teams.
- Manages delivery of assigned development project(s).
- Responsible for production support and small enhancements of assigned applications.
- Ensures that appropriate security and controls are instituted and followed.
- Supports cross training of the resources for optimal utilization. Effectively communicates with the customer on a day-to-day basis.
- Expert in every phase of SDLC (Software Life Cycle Development).
- Manage development projects as assigned adopting CMM processes Co-ordinates with QA & deployment teams for application releases and deployment.
- Provides inputs for IT tactical planning. Manage IT Vendors for outsourced work orders.
- Manage projects by metrics collection and analysis.
- Manage team of 4-5 members.
- Professional Exposure:
- At least 6-7 years work experience in development projects with 2+ as lead.
- Should have handled a team of 3-4 resources and look into the Job Assignment & Communication of team members.
- Should have exposure to proposal making for support and development activities.
- Exposure to SLA (Service Level Agreement) creation and Management
Exposure in metrics collection and reporting.
- Good communication skills and team player and team mentoring
Experience in providing IT support in an onshore/offshore model
Knowledge & expertise of Project Management principles, methods & techniques.
- Estimation, Project planning, tracking, Functional Point analysis and WBS metrics preparation.
- Experience in client server, web services, n-tier architecture and strategic planning.
- Project Status reporting. Resource planning for the projects.
- Special Knowledge or skill required: Good working experience in Java/J2EE/J2ME/Android/I Phone/Blackberry technologies.
- Command over verbal and written English is must.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Command on Skill sets of Java/J2EE/J2ME/ Android/I Phone with 4-5 years hands on experience Technology, JSP, JSF, MVC/Struts, Servlet, Hibernate, Spring, EJB3.0, JBOSS AS, and MS SQL Server, 2000 / SQL, PL SQL / PostgreSQL highly desirable.
- Well Conversant on Android/ I Phone along with other mobile platform for Mobile Application Development and integration.
- Candidate should be Quality and cost driven with strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Motivated to learn and implement new processes and technologies
- Candidate must have ability to lead, motivate 3-4 members team under stringent timeline.
- The position requires an expert understanding of project management skills in managing complex, multi-phased projects and the flexibility to lead multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic teams to deliver integrated solutions.
Industry Type: IT-Software/ Software Services Application Development and Maintenance
Functional Area: Application Programming, Maintenance.
Education: B.Sc. /B. Tech. /B.E. /BCA /M. Tech. /MCA in Computer Science/IT Systems.