- The PMO will build up a common set of practices, principles and templates for managing projects.
- While setting project management standards, it also must ensure they are followed by performing regular assessments of projects. This process can feedback into the standards definition.
- Project Plans: Assist Project Managers in producing project plans and thereafter in maintaining the plans through checkpoint meetings, ensuring that the plans adhere to planning standards and are being kept up to date.
- The PMO will track the status of all projects in the organization based on updates from the project managers for Management review.
- The person should be able to develop into a Centre of excellence for project management and can provide guidance and coaching to new project managers who need to understand how the organization runs projects.
- Documentation: Assist in development and maintenance of project management documents. Examples of documents include Business Case, Mandate, Budgets, Estimates, Work Breakdown Structure, Product Breakdown Structure, Project Plans and MI reports e.g. Checkpoint Reports, Highlight Reports, and Exception Reports etc.
- Prepares presentation materials for management reports.
- Administration / Governance: Is responsible for the overall governance / administration of the projects. Highlight possible deviations/deviations from plans to the project/program to ensure that actions are taken to address the same.
- Managing and facilitating the portfolio management process. The PMO manages and facilitates this process. This can include:
- Capturing project requests and ensuring each request has sufficient information to assess the project.
- Keeping an up-to-date repository of projects underway and requests pending review.
- Implementing scoring and prioritization models to help assess which requests should be approved.
- Managing a resource capacity plan or resource forecast to help understand resource availability for projects.
- Assist in producing, reviewing, and auditing individual project documents. Chase leaders to ensure the highest level of quality is maintained.
- Assist with project risk and issue management and project change control.
- Provide support in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve current process.
- Should have interacted with domestic / International clients independently
- Handled team members.
Education & Other Certifications:
- Any B.Tech/ MCA
- Any Microsoft Certification will be preferred.